Friday, September 7, 2007

What food group do fruit snacks fall under?

My son started kindergarten on Tuesday. I guess that makes today day 4. Maybe it's getting a little easier now...maybe.

I never realized that sending him to school would be so much work for me! I was going to hit Easy Street when I sent him on that big yellow bus. So long day care bills! So long preschool! Yeah right! This week I've done nothing but write out checks, pack lunches, read papers from the teacher and try to figure out what to send for his two snacks a day.

What can I come up with that's healthy, doesn't need refrigeration, interests him...twice a day?!? This is stress! At my "day job" (you know, the one that I get paid to do and only required 9 hours a day from me) I am responsible for standing in front of adults (most of them much more "degreed" than me) and teach them computers for hours day. They come up with the most interesting questions, comments, requests...complaints...but I find trying to figure out 2 snacks a day for a kindergartener way more stressful.

I wish they just provided me a list of approved items, or maybe I could write out a check and they could buy it... Ah well, for today this Wonder Woman will just have to accept that a new food group in her son's food pyramid is fruit snacks!

No comments: